Monday, July 11, 2005

Shopping at Landmark for Rs 5!

I shopped at Landmark for only Rs. 5. I bought Ilaiyaraja's Thiruvasagam CD, JRD Tata's Biography and 2 blank CDs. I paid only Rs. 5 in cash! The bill was Rs. 505. For the rest, I had a gift voucher worth Rs. 500. I have to tell you the story of the voucher. I got it as an award for securing rank one in DBMS during Cognizant training at our college.

Me and Ganesh went to Landmark to redeem my voucher. I had planned to buy the Thiruvasagam CD and JRD Tata's biography (Beyond the Last Blue Mountain). We had no trouble spotting them. They totalled to Rs. 445. Now, we looked for something worth Rs. 55. Only then we realized how costly a place was Landmark. We could not find anything for 55 bucks! After running out of options and time, I chose to buy two blank HP CDs each Rs. 30! Thats how I ended up paying Rs. 5 extra.

As we climbed up from the basement Ganesh said his legs ached. He is going to Tirupati tonight with Sriram and Aravind. They will climb up the Tirupati hills. I am already feeling sorry for Ganesh!

I have just started to read the biography, and I am enjoying it already.


p.s : It was the effect Tata Exhibition "A Century of Trust" that made me buy the book.

No comments:





.